Tuesday, May 03, 2011

When you said those 3 heart felt words.

You have no idea how much I love this guy. My 4 heroes, gonggong, da jiujiu(Mum's dad and Oldest brother) papa and grandpapa. :)
Just a baby, I looked into those eyes of love and slowly I drift to sleep in your arms.
You held me like gold, you held me like a treasure.

You left for the market with Ah neh and came back. Seeing me at the gate you asked me to get Mercy to open it for you. Being the cheeky me since young, I looked at you with all seriousness saying,"Mummy not home. Daddy not home." & didn't allow you in with those heavy groceries you held. Soon Mercy came to the rescue.

I grew a little too heavy for your arms but I was always on your lap. If not, running around. & I'd be climbing things, jumping from the table to the hard solid bed believing I was spiderman and You'd always say, "Sam seng mah!" (English: Tom boy) and we'd fall and laugh.
We'd play games with ah neh. & I'd disturb you while you take your afternoon naps.
But the time spent with us was limited, you always had to go.

Return to Sydney and I always next looked forward to when you'd return again.
I was 4, I was excited you just came from the airport and I wanted to show you my favourite new stunt that I could cart wheel. I bent sideways a little too far and fell. Hitting my head on the edge of your bed, I cried. You came running to me with Ah neh and laughing at my silliness.

Your pills, I always insisted on feeding you. Your health supplement I was so tempted to eat myself but you'd say it's for old people not "xiao gou" (English: puppy [Because I'm born in the year of the dog])
& You left again.

Soon, I could ride my bike without falling and we'd go to the play ground together when you return. I'd watch you have your tea ever so often and experimenting with Ah neh's half boiled eggs. Putting in wine, putting in soy sauce etc etc.

We'd go for a swim together at aunt's place. & one unfortunate event I was gonna do a poop right there and then and you had to grab me out of the pool.
We'd fold air planes together and see who's plane went the furthest.
I made a gun one day out of paper and you made me feel like the smartest kid on earth.

We watched chinese shows together before I get picked up again.
You let me watch you brush your teeth and play with your old dental stuff.
While growing up, you asked me what I wanted to be. I'd always say missionary and the smile you had reassured me, I was gonna get there one day. & I will be the missionary I use to tell you all about, changing the world. You laughed and asked me why not dentist just like you. I thought that wasn't as good as missionary. Oh, what did I know?
& You left.

Sending you off at the airport I remembered losing my favourite gold mickey mouse necklace to that old changi airport fountain. I remembered crying on the way home.
I would wake up early when you guys were over. Other than that, I'd have never have been able to see papa getting ready for work cause I'm such a pig.

I grew older and more rebellious, I found you evil at one point cause you constantly chased chelsea. Oh, oh, oh so silly. We made abacus and little yellow skin thing with mince meat in the middle together. I remember you feeding me too when I was little.

& in the year 2006 when you finally returned again, I changed so much. I grew so much. I became a monster you didn't get to see often. I snuck out of school then, went out after school and coming home so late. You were upset, I didn't care then. You asked the others and they tried telling me to stop but I didn't listen. Until you left again.

I grew older and mature much more, & I enjoyed every visit I had with you again.
But when I started treasuring them once more, they got shorter and shorter, lesser and lesser. Whenever you called, I asked if you'd be coming to Perth. You'd say maybe. But later I learnt the real answer, the real reason. I keep hoping though. You always call us, I don't remember or even dare say I've ever called you on my own accord. I see Daddy God's love through you. It's amazing and just so real.

I know this might sound weird but I'm proud of you. Who you are, your faith in God and all. I'm proud to be your grand daughter. Especially how much you dote on me. A lot a lot.
I love you grand daddy. Ah Tah, I can't wait to see you in December.
I miss you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicka pow kachiow!