Saturday, May 28, 2011

My 17th time celebrating this date.

So this date is approaching once again... This was me last year. I realised I did not blog about my birthday last year. My 16th, it was amazing. The people who are like my second family (OCF) threw me a surprise party and the cake from Baskin Robins was just simply amazing and yes, I love the costumes they came in! :) & THANK YOU MELANIE JIEJIE for planning it. 16th, no doubt it is the best birthday. With people I would enjoy being with, Japanese food with family and rowing on my birthday last year where I was FORCED to take the scull and capsized in the -2degrees weather early in the morning before the sun came up. Unforgettable thrills.

This year, I will be completely honest here... During January till April I have been planning for my birthday. On and off I knew what theme I would have, the groups of people I would invite and what I would do. But it soon made me realise, I had too many groups of people I wanted to celebrate with and if I celebrated with one, the other groups would be like eh? And if I combined groups here and there, I would still be celebrating 2-3 times. Too extravagant. Turns out in May when I found out my examination dates, so happen my birthday falls on that very week but praise God for it being on a day I do not have any papers on. Allows me to still at least celebrate with the people who loves me, mostly, my family.

The load of studying, I can not be bothered about my birthday. The steam and excitement was gone, I am so focused on wanting to do so well I really lost my mind and childish fun. For now ;) Most of all, the wish I have been wishing for since my 14th birthday came true. I am glad and I praise God because it was what I needed to grow and to understand those I try to help at times on how it feels. :) So... Why am I such a party pooper this year especially to my family and friends? This is why, it does not matter to me now because of my drive and my results in the end will be one great birthday gift.

The greatest gift? I have already gotten it. The very day I was born. The gift of life. Being able to breathe, to see this world, to know how it is like to be loved and to taste and smell the greatest pleasures in this world, food! Most of all, to love the One who not only saw me forming in my mummy's tummy but to also touch this baby's heart, placing the burning passion to serve Him, to be a nurse... With a passion.

Papa asked me to give him 3 options with what I wanted and he would pick one to fulfill. I could not come up with 3 options. It was too hard because I was looking forward to the drive-in movies where you sit in your cars under the stars watching movies that I planned earlier but turns out, it is not too good according to Melanie or even outdoor movie is not available in winter. Ohwells... BUT! I am now looking forward to the cake I am baking for myself hahaha. YUMMMM nomnomnom :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicka pow kachiow!