Monday, May 23, 2011

Chapter 10: Cookie monster (Part 1: The meeting of Zhe Hui)

This is the earliest photo that I can find on facebook of me and this group (Not everyone is here.) Those on the left are the guys that played a big part of my bestest memory back in secondary school in Singapore. I'm sorry Loysius, hahaha you look funny here. BUT I STILL LOVE YOU hahahaha. Back to the point...

Zhe Hui, Nigel, Junyuan, Amalina, Emporio... The group of friends I look forward to seeing each day in Sec 2f, 2008 ftw ;) We were a group of people who stayed back as much as possible to play, muck around and just chill. We were friends of gold and we felt invincible. We were there for each other when any of us was sad, happy or even just excited about anything and everything. I got to know Amalina a whole lot more in Dec 2007 and we are sexybutts till now. We have so many funny moments that are just priceless. When we first started school, Miss Cai XW asked us to introduce ourselves. Our name and one interesting fact.

Amalina: Hi, my name is Amalina... *Points at me* & That's my sexybutt!
Miss Cai: What? Erm okay...
*Gets to my turn*
Marilyn: My nameeeeee is Marilyn. THAT GIRL *Points at Amalina* Is MY sexybutt!
*Class laughs*

& Later we got class chairmans and class captains voting. 2 boys, 2 girls. Amalina and I got into the class committee and moments I've grown so much with her is just simply amazing.
In our group of friends (as mentioned above) we got to know each one better. We got closer, no doubt and those peeps of mine were my homies.

Nigel, I met in Secondary 1 because his sister (Alyson) is my sister's (Melanie) bestfriend in Secondary school as well. & In sec 2, we were bestfriends ourselves! ;)

Junyuan, the poor boy that Nigel had to pick on to tease that he liked me. Everyone knew it was a joke. Funny moments that Nigel made. Classic. Whatever that happens after, true or not is all history! ;)

Emporio, my favourite girl. One I can share just simply everything with. The one who nicknamed me "Slasher" for the whole year. Hahaha, good times. I love this girl to bits!

Amalina, enough said up there. ;) SEXYBUTT FOR THE WIN!

Zhe Hui, The one who always makes sure I smile everyday. The one who wouldn't allow me to stone. The one who always pull silly faces with me. The silly one who followed after my: *Points index fingers as dimples on cheek, smile* "SMILEEEEEE!!!! XD" The one I started liking in April 2008. I did everything I could to be in his group. His character and faith in God was what I fell for. I remembered talking about him 24/7 to Joey and soon Amalina. I was shy at liking a boy, I remember being so happy just spending time with him, mucking around. This went on for 2 months until I knew me moving to Shanghai was confirmed. He had no idea. But most of all... I was the one who had no idea.

The feelings had always been there as much as I was holding myself back. He'd bring lollies to school just to give them to me when he doesn't see me smiling. He'd be the one to poke me awake when I fell asleep in classes and the one who'd skip with me down corridors. The one who walked into a lamp post when we were talking, out at a field trip. The one who'd stay up with me chatting on msn. Slowly, I constantly told myself to push these feelings away. Shanghai was coming, I couldn't risk it. I still didn't believe in love just yet then because of what had happened earlier that year. Things were going fine, I managed to ignore those heart strings until...

August 9th, Singapore's National Day.
I just went for my Drama competition where we won Gold. I was starred as a little girl, amazed at high rise buildings. Hans gave me a rabbit from Build-a-bear workshop as a congratulations gift. I rushed down to meet Zhe Hui, Nigel, Junyuan, Siti Zahiya, Siti's sister, Sheenaz, Syikin and Charminn for the fireworks. When I reached the MRT station, I called Nigel, I couldn't locate where they were so Zhe Hui decided to attempt to find me. He did, he grabbed my soft toy, I held back but he replied with his cheeky smile,"I'll take it!" He offered to carry my bag as well but I declined. I was getting way too shy, he was triggering way too many heart strings hahaha. We met up with the group. He didn't allow me to carry my soft toy for the whole night. One string snap, next one now.

I was high on sugar, hyper like my usual self. We were running after fireworks and all. We did model like shots to kill time in between. We went through the photos later and at one of mine, I was just so shocked at how ugly I was. He stopped me from pressing next and said,"This looks cute." 2nd heart string snapped. I love skipping, it made me feel alive and free. I asked everyone if they would skip with me but after a while they were too tired to. We all skipped as a group but they were too tired to keep up. So I skipped a bit by myself, was slightly ahead of the group, stopped and started walking. Suddenly, an arm grabbed me and linked arms with me, pulling me to skip. It was Zhe Hui no doubt. I was taken aback, shock I turned to him and asked, "Are you not tired?" He turned, smiled and shook his head and we carried down the busy streets filled with people. People turned and pointed at both of us, smiling and sharing the joy and energy we had. 3rd heart string snapped. I slowed down and said,"I think we should stop and wait." "Nah," he replied, "They'll catch up. Don't care what people are saying, let's go!" And pulled me along. 4th heart string.

Dessert, he shared with me, then I was feeling high upon cloud 9. Going home, I was the only girl going towards the Bukit Timah direction. He told Nigel and Junyuan, "Aye, you guys better protect her ah! Make sure she don't get rape hahaha" There goes the 5th heart string. That night I'd replay in my head multiple times after. I was leaving in 5 days time. What am I to do?

2 weeks before...
Emporio (Knowing I still like Zhe Hui): I know who Zhe Hui likes!
Me: (Sad and disappointed) I don't want to know...
Emporio: I'll tell you when you leave kay! I'll write it in my last letter to you.
Me: Okay.

The class gave me a card they each wrote their own heart felt messages to me. His was one that made me smile so badly, he said "Muacks =x" and in his own card that he shared with Nigel, words I won't forget just yet. "I will miss you so much... & I know the class do too."

Nigel and him shared to buy me cookie monster. The very same cookie monster they left their name tags on. & The very same cookie monster I still hug to sleep every night since then. The way he carried cookie monster, skipping down to me and said," NAH! For you :) From Nigel and I." Nigel was at counsellor meeting then, so only Zhe Hui gave it to me. Thanked my favourite guys after.

The boy that I fell for innocently. First love they said, you'll never forget. The one I didn't dare tell because then I was a player and I was not too sure if I was out of it yet. But liking him for 4 months felt like forever. At the airport, I was saying bye to everyone. Last hugs. He did not approach me to hug until the very end. A hug so unforgettable. So tight, with so much strength, I was about to break down. The way he pressed against my back in that last hug, so happens to be where my heart is. The longest, I knew. I let go in embarrassment. He whispered, "Don't forget to love cookie monster and hug him everyday for me!" "I won't. :)". Boarded the plane, I read Emporio's letter. (Kept it till today!) So the answer is... Me. It was me after all.

Reached Shanghai in the evening. I saw him online and confronted him. He was so shy about it at first but I confessed first. I learnt, though I first fell for him in April 2008, he fell for this silly one on feb 2008. The "I love you"s after made me shriek in glee and spin and jump around. What were kids at 14 then know? Nothing but pure childhood love.

We talked that night till late and he said,"I'll wait for you... ♥I love you!!! =x"

No comments:

Post a Comment

chicka pow kachiow!