Homecoming prince.
Watching you come out, something in me snapped.
Holding you in my arms, I start to recollect the times it was I who was the weaker one.
Time has brought me into this future.
Coming out of those doors are just like coming out of a time machine that I've never wished would come down to...
The one who I've always thought would be here forever; that willed minded thought starts to evaporate.
The one who has never given up on me, showed me through love what it was meant to be loved and to love.
Showed me who I was and who I belonged to.
Showed me that I wasn't just your princess but also a princess bigger than I ever thought I would ever be in this world of running clay.
That one extra leg, I detest it.
A helping aid that takes a lot of humbling to acknowledge.
Broken, I feel your beats.
Tearing, you sense my unsettled soul.
I'm scared and you know it.
I don't want to lose you yet I know, you're not mine to keep.
That single mutation, that code of error.
Where chemicals are all in confusion that leads you to a tale down to your homecoming.
He is not done, you are not either.
Once the task has been completed, once the checklist has been crushed and thrown away...
Once the roll call commences, I will be required to take my leave.
Turning back, scenes will change.
Further and further I will keep walking away
yet closer and closer memories will track down
from the very day you held me in your arms,
to the day it just leaves with me to finally let go of this grip I cling so tightly in this present.
A selfish prayer, a selfish tear.
You will never return but I know I will return to you.
We'll all celebrate and throw parties that never ends.
A few clicks of the clock and I will be with you again.
Time that speeds, spends long years of going round in circles.
Yet, we always know that for certain we will have that fairytale ending.
Soon, yet all in His time and we'll be back.
Reunited for all those years we have waited for.
Homecoming prince.
No comments:
Post a Comment
chicka pow kachiow!