1. Went to help out at the garage on Saturday morning. Honestly, every one's lunch smelt so good. SO DAMN GOOD. But because I knew I was going to have to face these little challenges, I wrote on my hand to prepare myself. "Knowing who you're fighting for." That kept me going, smiling and I prayed. Really, Daddy filled my tum tum. I didn't have problems or temptations to eat because I was filled. Filled by Daddy.
2. I was worrying that I won't hit my goal really. I was at 338 bucks the last time. I committed everything into Daddy's hands. Prayed for generous hearts cause Clare told me her last encounter with door-to-door asking she only got $9. Guess how much I got from people I don't even know? $55.
3. I was still nervous for door-to-door since I was alone. I prayed for maybe a Christian neighbour with a sign of a bumper sticker or a cross on the door or just something so I have more confidence. The next house didn't have such, I saw a huge group of people gathering and loads of kids in the hall playing. Something drove my hand to knock loads of times. A little boy opened the door. He looks exactly like someone I knew but I wasn't sure. I asked for his parents. Guess who were they. They were the parents who knew me pretty well because I look after their little son in bub's street (baby Sunday school) and they were having their weekly cell group I never knew existed in my neighbourhood.
4. I don't get why people can't give a complete whole number like 5 or 10. Like $4 you just need $1 more to have a whole number... But you know, like one neighbour gave $2 the next gave $3. Another time. One gave $6 and the next one gave $4 to complete it. Amazing!
5. By Saturday night I only had $393. I only had 7 receipts left before I need to get a new book if needed. Sunday came, prayed asked around. In 10 mins, 7 receipts, $140.
6. I wanted to beat my friend, that was my new goal once my own goal was met. $3 to! && some funds came in from church friends back in sg and some more who promised too! :D
No comments:
Post a Comment
chicka pow kachiow!